Wednesday, February 8, 2012

February Fever

My pondering spot today at Oneroa Beach on my Island Waiheke. Had a swing too before heading off for a walk along the lovely waters edge.


February always feels fresh for me...the year is truly kicking, kids back at school, summers arrived with sunny days and warm ocean waves. Then Waitangi Day's upon us to let us celebrate what makes New Zealand home.
Always have fond memories of 6th of February as its my younger brothers birthday so this blog is dedicated to my (annoying)sweet bro Levon.

A jute coffee sack turned into a mat with local printers work of Kestrel ferry. I grew up traveling on that boat from Devonport to Auckland so I bought it on Waitangi Day from local shop Upcycled - $25

Poi Manu by textile artist Ngaahina Hohaia made from woolen recycled blankets delicately hand embroidered $190 each at incubator gallery as part of Aroha o te Whenua exhibition for Waitangi Day.


I'm a New Zealander proud of it; spent almost half my life in Australia to come home and have my children here. A first generation kiwi of German Samoan Sri Lankan Dutch Scottish American descent. I don't fully understand the Waitangi treaty but respect what it means, to honour the past to create a better future for our people and this country. I give thanks for this land that nurtures me, and those who sacrificed and fought for what I'm blessed to call home.


No comments:

Post a Comment